Windows tips n tricks
In this post, we will be looking into some of the tips and tricks which makes us easy to operate windows OS (irrespective of any version of OS starting from XP)
1.Lock a folder in windows XP without any software. Follow the steps Below.
- Make a Folder in C drive rename it as “abc” without quotes.
- Now open Command Prompt from Start Menu.
- Type “attrib +s +h C:abc” without quotes and press enter.
- This command will Make your folder invisble and it can not be seen even in hidden files and folders
- To make it visible again type “attrib -s -h C:abc”
- You can lock any other folder also by changing the location C:abc to address of your folder.
2.Copy Windows XP Folder File Names to Notepad
- Navigate to the folder that you want to create a list for.
- Then create a new txt file in the same directory and paste below lines into it:
1dir /a /-p /o:gen >list.txt
- Then save the txt file.Right click on the txt file you just created and then change the extension from .txt to .bat.
- Now double click on the .bat file and it will generate a txt file (called list.txt) with a list of all the files and folders in it.
- OR simply use: dir /b >list.txt
If you add the /b switch to the batch file, it will remove all the extra info. The batch file will look like this:dir /a /b /-p /o:gen >filelisting.txt
dir /b /ad > list.txt works very fine.
open a command prompt, navigate to your music folder, then type
dir /b /ad > list.txt
then open list.txt with notepad. simple!
Content posted is based on learning or working experience,
Share the post with others if find useful,
Any queries?, leave comments or discuss on our facebook:qavalidation.com, Thanks!