Popular IDEs to run Python script
You should have python installed on your machine,
If not, then follow Python download and setup
IDEs [Integrated development environment] help us to
- write and debug our code effectively
- makes code more readable
- provide auto suggestions
- provide features to easily integrate with other tools.
To provide these above features, we have several IDEs available, from which I am listing popular IDEs and also open source / free, such as
Python shell comes default with the installation, useful for basic level of running python scripts (especially for beginners)
- Command prompt
- Click on each of the above IDE names to know how to run python script.
- Python shell, Notepad++ and command prompt are not rich in intellisense [autocomplete feature], but are good to have for quickly running the python scripts.
- Sometimes you might get an error while running your python script as
Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: unable to load the file system codec
File "C:\Python27\Lib\encodings\__init__.py", line 123
This is because you might have 2 versions of python set in environmental variable,
make sure you delete the older one and retry.
Note: System might need a restart after updating environmental variable
Content posted is based on learning or working experience,
Share the post with others if find useful,
Any queries?, leave comments or discuss on our facebook:qavalidation.com, Thanks!