Most organizations encourage open source tools to implement automation testing of their products/softwares, and it indirectly encourages testers/programmers to expose more into difference technologies to find best automation tool and should be freely available, so here is what I found a very tiny yet powerful open source automation testing framework to automate the testing process, called White framework.
Hope this may be useful!!!
All you need is –
- Visual Studio express edition (Completely free).
- Knowledge in C#.
- TestStack.White framework dlls.
- UI automation verifier which we call object spy as testers.
and at last but not the least – some web links/ forums to get the idea about programming.
Visual Studio Express Edition –
Microsoft provides it as free edition to create windows forms and for writing class libraries and can download the same from HERE.
Knowledge in C# –
Some of the web links that I follow frequently are –
TestStack.White framework dlls –
- Once Visual Studio is installed, Open a new project as “Windows Forms Application” (Enter project Name, location – optional) and then,
- From the Visual studio menu bar, follow this
- Once the install done, we will get the white framework dlls under the current visual studio project folder, e.g – C:UsersDocumentsVisual Studio 2012ProjectsWindowsFormsApplication1packages
- Now from File menu -> Add -> new Project and select class library (change name and lcoation – optional), this is where we write our functions or code to automate.
- make sure we have added all the required dlls as reference to the class library from the solution explorer of visual studio, if not – do the following –
On the solution explorer – > click on the class library and add the dlls to the references by browsing proper location of package on the local drive.
- dlls you may need initially – TestStack.White.dll and Castle.Core.dll.
UI automation verifier –
The UI spy can be downloaded from HERE.
All the best!!!